Media and Public interests
- Consumer Protection Law
- The Law on Civil Defense
- The Law on Fire Security
- The Law on Food
- The Law on Meteorological and Environmental Assessment and Analysis
- The Law on Military Recruitment
- The Law on State of Emergency
- The Law on the Police Authority of Mongolia
- The Law on War Regime
- The Law on Warlike Situation
Article 6 Obtaining true and complete information about products
4. If it is proved that products put into circulation are harmful to the life and health of humans or the environment, the producer and the seller shall immediately notify the public. The producer and seller shall notify the public through the executive boards of local Hurals, the relevant State control bodies, the media and other means
Approved on May 24, 1994
Article 8. Announcement of Civil Defence
3. Communication and information organisations, regardless of the type of their ownership, shall transmit information announcing civil defence in presence of destruction devices, during disasters and accidents.
Approved May 28, 1999
Article 22. Information about fire security
22.1. Urgent information related to prevention of fires and destroying fires shall be published or broadcast via media upon charge but without regard of waiting list, upon the request of relevant authorities.
Article 6. Internal and public control over food safety
16.2. Citizens and non-government institutions shall control food safety, government administrative and inspection authorities and their employees shall be informed and warnings shall be broadcast through media.
Approved in November 1997
Article 13. Transmission of information about meteorology and environment
13.4. Information about natural disasters shall be promptly delivered to public through communication and information media, with the highest priority and without reference to type of ownership.
May 15, 1995
Article 34. Cancelling military recruitment
34.3. It shall be prohibited to publish, broadcast and to advertise data and information about military recruitment except its announcement.
Approved on November 14, 1995
Article 7. Announcement and extension of an extraordinary regime
2. The implementing authority shall be promptly informed about a decision on announcement or cancellation of an extraordinary special regime and this information shall be promptly delivered to public by national media and other means available.
Approved on December 2, 1993
Article 26. Ensuring prompt operation of police authority
1. The police authority and its employees shall have the following rights during measures against crimes and protection of social order:
2) to use communication media of organisations and individuals to promptly transmit information about crimes and violations.
4) to use media when it is necessary to deliver urgent information to the public.
- In cases described in provisions 1 and 2 of paragraph 1 of this Article, the
police authority shall pay the fare or other direct expenses regardless of ownership.
In cases described in provisions 3 and 4 of the same paragraph, the police authority shall use transportation and media owned by the state free of charge. In case of use of transport or media owned by others, the police authority shall pay the fare or other direct expenses.
3. In case the police officer is unable to make the payment immediately, he shall give an official document confirming use of transport or media and shall compensate for it later.
Approved on May 15, 1998
Article 5. Announcement of war regime
5.4. An order of the President of Mongolia shall be promptly announced through media not earlier than 6 hours before issue of a State Ikh Khural resolution announcing the war regime.
Article 6. Cancellation of a war regime
6.3. Resolution of the State Ikh Khural cancelling a war shall be promptly announced via public media.
Approved on January 8, 1998
Article 5. Announcement of warlike situations
5.5. Resolutions of the State Ikh Khural announcing warlike situations shall be promptly announced to public.
Article 7. Cancellation of warlike situations
7.3. Resolutions of the State Ikh Khural cancelling warlike situations shall be promptly announced to public.