Media and it's status
- The Law on the Legal Status of Cities and Towns
- The Law on the Legal Status of the Capital City
- The Law on Higher Education
- The Law on Statistics
- Law Of Mongolia On State Stamp Duties
- The Law on Restoration of Reputation of the Politically Repressed and Their Compensation
- The Law on Auditing
- The Law on International Treaties
- The Law on the President of Mongolia
- The Law on the Procedures of Meetings of the State Ikh Khural
- Law on the State Ikh Khural
- The Law on the Cabinet of Mongolia
December 20, 1993
Article 22. Jurisdiction of mayors of cities and towns regarding construction, transportation and communications.
5. Shall provide direction of activities of local cities and towns’ media.
July 5, 1994
Article 2. Information and research organisations of the capital city
1. The Capital City of Ulaanbaatar may have its own newspapers, television and radio programmes.
Approved on June 19, 1995
Article 7. Organisational structure of higher education institutions
1. The main units within organisation structure of higher education institutions shall be departments and laboratories. In addition to research institutes, practical workshops and libraries, higher education institutions may have units such as faculties, branches, culture and sports centres, experimental and practical workshops, research centres, media units and others.
June 5, 1997
Article 12. The National Statistical Office and its full rights
2. The National Statistical Office may have units that provide paid information services and publish statistical books, reports and other documents. Organisational structure and operational procedures of this unit shall be approved jointly with the central government administrative authority in charge of financial issues.
Article 18. Full rights of Ministries, other government agencies and Governors of all levels with regard to statistical information.
3) to make public information and results of research through media.
January 2, 1998
To erase all other consequences of repression
Article 18. Informing the public about restoration of names of the repressed
18.1. Names, surnames, brief biographies of the repressed and information about how they were repressed as well as on restoration of their reputation shall be published or broadcast through national media free of charge.
May 1, 1997
Article 18. Publishing
Information on certified accountants and auditors registered at and removed from the registry at the Professional Council shall be published in government press.
December 28, 1993
Article 23. Publishing international treaties
- The procedures of publishing laws of Mongolia shall be followed in publishing international treaties endorsed by the State Ikh Khural, and procedures of publishing orders of the Cabinet shall be followed in publishing other international treaties.
- International treaties shall be published in a separate volume by the central government administrative authority in charge of foreign relations.
June 5, 1993
Article 9. Orders and decrees of the President
3. Decrees determining legal standards and to be followed uniformly shall be valid 10 days after official publishing in central press if not stated otherwise; other orders and decrees shall be valid from the day of their approval.
Article 10. Publishing orders and decrees of the President
1. Orders and decrees of the President shall be officially published in central government press upon authorisation of the Head of the President Secretariat, and may be published or broadcast in other media.
2. The official original of the President orders and decrees published in central government press shall be the basis for any other publishing of them in central and local government press.
February 6, 1997
Article 4. General procedures of meetings
8. Citizens, foreign and local guests, representatives and employees of media organisations may attend meetings in accordance with relevant procedures. This procedure shall be established by the Speaker of the Parliament.
Article 45. Publishing and broadcasting decisions of the State Ikh Khural
3. Official information on the process of meetings of the State Ikh Khural to be delivered to public shall be published only under supervision of the Secretariat.
Article 46. "Government News" Bulletin
1. Laws, other decisions of the State Ikh Khural, orders of the President, resolutions of the Cabinet, decisions of the Constitutional Court, official interpretation of laws by the Supremen Court, legal acts issues by Ministries that define legal standards to be followed publicly shall be published in full in the "Government News" Bulletin.
The Bulletin shall be issued weekly by the Parliament Secretariat.
2. The Parliament Secretariat shall be responsible for publishing of the "Government News" Bulletin. The Secretary General of the Parliament Secretariat shall be the editor and shall define timing of its issues and related procedures.
(This provision was changed by the law issued on January 22, 1999)
February 6, 1997
Article 13. Full rights and areas of activities of standing committees.
Standing committees shall exercise their full rights in the following areas:
6) Standing Committee on Legal Issues
- freedom of media
- issues of patents, copyrights and trademarks
Approved on May 6, 1993
Article 31. Publishing resolutions of the Cabinet
1. Resolutions of the Cabinet and decrees of the Prime Minister shall be officially published in the Government News Bulletin within 3 days after signing by the Prime Minister, upon authorisation of the Head of Government Secretariat, and may be made public through other means of press and media.
(This section was changes by the law issued on October 31, 1996; words "in the central government press" were changed to "in the Government News Bulletin" by the law issued on August 3, 2000).
2. The official original of resolutions and other decisions of the Cabinet published in the Government News Bulletin shall be the basis of their publications in central and local government press.
(In this section, words "in the central government press" were changed to "in the Government News Bulletin" by the law issued on August 3, 2000).